SENIOR HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT – NIGHTS 38.5HRSApply now
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT – NIGHTS – 38.5HRS
To plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality care, in conjunction with Service Users. To ensure Service Users retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Home. To maintain a safe and secure environment for Service Users, Staff Members and Visitors.
• Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting and assisting Service Users when required with all aspects of daily living.
• Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
• Guide, support and direct the staff team whilst on duty to ensure the shift is managed well, and all aspects of care is delivered and recorded.
• Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs, e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual. Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring Service Users retain their comfort and dignity
• Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service Users group
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Confident team player
• Satisfactory Policy Check, and check against the ISA list
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
• NVQ Level 3 in Care
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience / Qualification in the Safe Handling of Medicines