Daytime Carer – Halifax
Summerfield House Care Centre
At Summerfield House in Halifax we have over 106 dedicated rooms for residents, providing a comfortable and relaxing home which caters for the elderly and those suffering with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, other mental health issues or the after-effects of a stroke.
As part of our complex we have a purpose built garden area for residents to enjoy, with a flat patio area and a raised flowerbed with aromatic plants. Our qualified staff, under the management of Carl Stevenson, provide the highest quality of care and can speak a variety of languages (English, Romanian and Urdu).
Close to local bus routes and with a visitors car park, we allow visitors and relatives at all times except for protected mealtimes. Located within a short distance of both Calderdale and Halifax, our residents can make the most of local shops and attractions.
Our two permanent cooks prepare fresh food for all diets and specialist requirements, alternating the menu and giving residents a range of options to choose from. To keep residents active and entertained, we also provide a range of activities, including arts and crafts, a book club, film club, armchair aerobics and lots of games and puzzles.
The most important thing is that you have the right values and want to make a difference.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
Job Type – 24hrs to 36hrs per week
Salary – £7.83-£8.03
If you are interested in this job role , please send your CV to Summerfield.HR@bondcare.co.uk