Activities CoordinatorApply now
Nestled in the Kent countryside is Ashurst Park Care Home, a peaceful facility with landscaped gardens, a wide variety of activities and amenities.
W e are looking for an activities coordinator to join our team!
Job purpose: To plan and implement activities appropriate to Service Users need and requests.
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/activities for Service Users in all categories
- Friendly, creative and confident
- Good numerical and word processing skills
- Confident team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
- Qualification in remedial/occupational therapies
- Flexible approach towards working routines
- Help Service Users to socialise within the Care Centre and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, and encourage Service Users to maintain pre-existing hobbies
- Accompany Service Users where possible to of site activities which may occasionally take place outwith normal working hours
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Service Users within the Care Centre
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documents and assist the Key Worker to review and update Service User Care Files
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members
- Provide comfort and company on a one to one basis for Service Users who are unable to undertake any form of activity