Clinical LeadApply now
Nestled in the Kent countryside is Ashurst Park Care Home, a peaceful facility with landscaped gardens, a wide variety of activities and amenities.
We are looking for a clinical lead to join our team!
- 1st level nurse
- Specialist training or extensive experience in the specialism of the home.
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the ISA list
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Current clean driving licence
- Team player
- Assist in ensuring clinical audit becomes part of everyday practice.
- Ensure residents records are up to date and are an accurate reflection of the situation.
- Ensure that all residents have a Care File, which will contain all the relevant assessments, and care plans.
- Ensure the Care File is current at all times and appropriately reflects the needs of the resident.
- Promote Positive Team Culture and Team Working
- To foster and promote a team culture of enquiry and learning that enables individuals to openly question, reflect and learn from their practice.
- To provide effective leadership in ensuring that nursing standards and practices comply with national and local guidelines and procedures
- To ensure that the team understand their roles and are working to promote excellence in clinical practice in line with Care Quality Commission Standards.
- Involve Service Users in monitoring and commenting on the quality of the service provided in the home leading to user focused quality improvement initiatives.
- To provide overall leadership as an effective member of the multidisciplinary team through:
- Providing strong and effective clinical leadership in partnership with other professionals in formulating treatment plans.
- Communicate with all necessary external agencies in supporting resident’s care plans and outcome measures.
- Ensure that all staff within the team participate in the appraisal/supervision system and offering clinical supervision to the clinical team in accordance with company policy.
- Working with the Home Manager to develop and educate the team members
- To act as a positive role model to staff
- To monitor and record the care of all clients, within the nursing process.
- To write reports where required
- To give medication as prescribed with proper monitoring of the 5 ‘R’s’.
- To supervise ordering of drugs and dressings as required from GP’s, Pharmacists, and any other prescribers.
- To have knowledgeable use of equipment.
- To be knowledgeable regarding emergency procedures pertaining to the Service Users.
- To respond to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the Service Users.
- To liaise with Service Users, families, staff, GP’s and other multi-disciplinary team members to promote good care.
- To monitor all aspects of the Service Users care, including their hygiene and self- care.
- To ensure the medication is properly taken and to monitor for any normal, positive or negative effects of that drug
- To ensure that all residents are assessed prior to admission, evidencing that their needs can be met at the home.