Weekend Laundry AssistantApply now
Moorland Gardens Care Home is a 80-bed facility set in its own grounds just outside of the heart of Luton, Moorland Gardens Care Home is designed to meet a wide range of needs.
Catering for 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care, service users with a range of mental health and physical disabilities are afforded the best possible care.
We are looking for a weekend laundry assistant to join our team!
- Sort washing into relevant groups, where applicable, and process it through the washer, dryer and iron.
- Return the Care Centres washing to the linen cupboard and the kitchen
- Perform minor repairs to Service Users’ clothing
- Any clothes that are not marked should be marked and placed in the appropriate boxes after they have been laundered
- Return the Service Users’ personal clothing to their rooms and put away neatly
- Keep clean and dirty linen separate within the laundry area
The following priorities apply;
- Service Users’ personal laundry
- Tea Towels
Health & Safety:
- Ensure the laundry room is clean and tidy. On a daily basis; wash down washers, dryers and laundry bags; clean lint collectors; mop floors
- Use appropriate protective clothing when dealing with soiled or infected linen
- Ensure stator Health & Safety standards in the laundry area
- Report immediately to the Home manager or Person in Charge any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Service Users, colleague, self or another
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Centres Health & Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Report to the Home Manager, Handyperson or Person in Charge any faulty appliances, damaged furniture. Equipment or any potential hazard
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Centre and Bondcare
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Notify the Home manager or the Person in Charge as soon as possible of you inability to report for duty and also on your return to work from all periods of absence
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you