Senior Carer (Days)Apply now
We are looking for a senior carer to join us here at Sycamore Park Care Home where we pride ourselves on delivering a comprehensive and affordable independent living residence with 24/7 assistance available. Located in Huddersfield, Kirklees, West Yorkshire, our team of fully-qualified staff can look after a variety of residents, including those who require the following types of care.
As a senior carer you will be expected to participate as a member of the Care Team to plan, lead, monitor and deliver high quality care to residents in line with their individual care plans, under the supervision and guidance of the Home Manager. You will be assisting residents with their daily activities and identifying and assisting them with their individual needs and preferences. You will be expected to communicate effectively, promote privacy, dignity, choice, independence, and individual rights and also participate in protecting our vulnerable residents from any harm or abuse.
- Lead staff on shift
- Responsible for delivering a high quality of care and providing support and guidance to the care team and leading by example
- Carry out supervisions
- Ensure and assist to ensure schedules are being completed
- Administer medication to residents
- Care planning for our elderly residents
- Dealing with healthcare professionals, doctors, social workers and families of the elderly.
- Manage a shift competently with the support of the Home manager, and Deputy managers
- Document and report any changes in resident’s health status.
- Provide person centred care
We are looking for:
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work on you own and as part of a team
- Good supervisory skill
NVQ 2 desired