Registered Nurse (days)Apply now
Moorland Gardens Care Home is a 80-bed facility set in its own grounds just outside of the heart of Luton, Moorland Gardens Care Home is designed to meet a wide range of needs.
Catering for 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care, service users with a range of mental health and physical disabilities are afforded the best possible care.
We are looking for a registered nurse to join our team!
To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Care Centre and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Service Users. Duties may include acting up for the Deputy Home Manager and/or Home Manager in their absence.
- Report any ill health amongst Service Users and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary
- Ensure that the Service Users Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Service Users, Relatives and other Health Care Professions, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Assess all aspects of Service Users’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required
- Assess social and health care needs of new Service Users and maintain ongoing assessment and review of all other Service Users
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Service User within the Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Service User Care Plans to be reviewed on a bi-annual basis or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NM guidelines and Company policy
- Carry out regular checks on Service Users at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Service Users personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with Service Users
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines/regulations
- Maintain all logbooks and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Company
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Assist in the arrangements for fund raising
- Notify the Home Manager or Person in Charge as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty and also on your return to work from all periods of absence
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- 1st/2nd level nurse
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service User group
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous supervisory experienced
- Experience/qualification in care for relevant Service User category