Domestic AssistantApply now
Moorland Gardens Care Home is a 80-bed facility set in its own grounds just outside of the heart of Luton, Moorland Gardens Care Home is designed to meet a wide range of needs.
Catering for 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care, service users with a range of mental health and physical disabilities are afforded the best possible care.
We are looking for a domestic assistant to join our team!
• To manage and oversee the documentation of the Home regarding all matters of Laundry including Risk Assessment.
• To be responsible for all matters involved with Laundry within the Home.
• To ensure a high standard of day-to-day cleanliness, washing and ironing, is maintained within the Home.
• To be an Advocate of The Home.
• To work closely with and report regularly to the Housekeeper.
• To present a professional image at all times.
• To maintain own professional development as appropriate to role.
• To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry taking into account Standard 26 of the National Minimum Standards Act 2000.
• When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
• Ensure cuts are covered with suitable plaster/dressing.
• Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
• Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
• To attend Job Review meeting and take any action resulting from the review as agreed.
• Ensure familiarisation with Elm Park’s Policies and Procedures.
• All breakages and breakdowns to be reported to the Home Manager or Person-in-Charge immediately to ensure any necessary action can be taken.
• Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Key worker or family.
• Check clothing is marked with Service Users name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
• Machines and floor to be cleaned daily.
• Check outlet exhaust from Tumble Driers ensuring blockages are avoided.
• Maintain and control purchasing procedure and ensuring adequate stock of all detergents are available. Detergents are fed where applicable via auto-dosing system automatically and this must be checked daily to ensure blockages are avoided.
• Ensure equipment Rolator/Press, Machines etc.) is maintained and in good working order.
• Audit and report findings of quality if linen, towels etc at a minimum of every 3 months.
• Ensure monitoring and tidying of Service Users drawers and wardrobes daily.