We are looking for a cook to join our team at Meadowbrook Care Home, a versatile care home that looks after adult residents of all ages with a variety of physical and mental health conditions.
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Provided for special dietary requirements where necessary and take into account the preferences of individual Service Users.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
Health & Safety
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and dining areas is carried out effectively.
- Ensure statutory Health & Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Report immediately to the Home Manager or Person in Charge any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Service Users, colleague, self or another
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of the Care Centres Health & Safety policy and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Report to the Home Manager, Handyperson or Person in Charge any faulty appliances, damaged furniture equipment or any potential hazard
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills