Part time Chef- RomfordApply now
Beech Court Care Centre
The Beech Court Care Centre is based in Romford and is a 51-bed capacity, purpose-built care centre with a tranquil and calm setting.
Mary Zuwaradoka manages a team of registered nurses, mental health nurses, qualified care assistants, housekeepers, chefs and an administrator, creating a comfortable and enjoyable living atmosphere for residents and service users. Providing elderly care, younger care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care, the team at Beech Court also care for those with conditions such as Parkinson’s, dementia and other mental health issues.
All rooms at Beech Court Care Centre come with an en suite toilet and hand basin. Rooms also include phone points and internet access is available – with WiFi used by some residents. The home features an enclosed garden with a range of flowers and plants, as well as open space and gazebos for residents to sit in and enjoy.
All food at the care centre is prepared on site by a dedicated chef and kitchen assistants, ensuring a nutritional and balanced diet for residents, with cake baking for birthdays and special occasions.
To help keep residents stimulated and entertained, a regular range of activities are on offer, including film screenings, arts and crafts, bingo and sing-along entertainment. Fun days are also held to promote socialisation, with barbecues, bric-a-brac sales, raffles and other entertainment.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provided for special dietary requirements where necessary and take into account the preferences of individual Service Users
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Participate in Staff and Service User meetings as required
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate
- Conduct Basic Food Hygiene training for all Care Centre Staff involved in handling and delivery of food
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Attend mandatory training days/course, on or off site as and when required
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer/fridge temperatures
- Ensure stock rotation.
- Assist in the ordering of stocks and checking of deliveries, and check and value stocks as required by the Home Manager
- Prepare Staff rota for Kitchen
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and dining areas is carried out effectively
- Ensure statutory Health & Safety standards in the kitchen and dining area.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of the Care Centers Health & Safety policy and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Report to the Home Manager, Handy person or Person in Charge any faulty appliances, damaged furniture equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Centre and Bondcare
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Job Type –Part time -weekend chef-Saturdays and Sundays -18 hours
Salary – £8.20 per hour.
If you are interested in this job role, please send your CV to Beechcourt.HR@bondcare.co.uk