Health Care Assistant – IlfordApply now
Springfield Care Centre
The Springfield Care Centre features 80 rooms divided into six units for service users. The centre specialises in providing accommodation for those requiring nursing treatment of injuries or physical disabilities, palliative care and for those with dementia.
The Springfield Care Centre is managed by Gladys Chibanda, who oversees a team of registered general nurses, carers and activity coordinators. To aid communication with service users, a range of languages are spoken by staff, including English, French, Punjabi, Gujarati and Urdu.
Outdoor areas at Springfield Care Centre includes two gardens, with a bird aviary and raised flower beds for wheelchair users to access. The kitchen is run by a head chef and assistants, ensuring the nutritional and dietary needs of service users are met at all times.
With members of staff dedicated to keeping residents active, entertained and social, there are a number of things which service users can get involved with. Bingo, board games, entertainers and outdoor games are just a few of the items on the agenda – fetes and fundraisers at Springfield are also held in the grounds when weather permits.
This exciting opportunity would suit a candidate looking to be involved in promoting the environment of the elderly
- We are currently recruiting for Care Assistants for both days and nights who will be expected to participate as a member of the Care Team to plan, lead, monitor and deliver high quality care to residents in line with their individual care plans, under the supervision and guidance of the Home Manager.
- You will be expected to provide holistic care for our elderly residents, assisting them with their daily activities and identifying and assisting them with their individual needs and preferences.
- You will be expected to communicate effectively, promote privacy, dignity, choice, independence and individual rights
- participate in protecting our vulnerable residents from any harm or abuse.
- The post holder will have a key role in maintaining the quality of care delivery and in participating in the daily household tasks of the unit.
- You will promote independence, choice, dignity and respect through the hands-on care you deliver to our residents.
- You will get to know our residents and their families – helping to ensure we deliver truly personalised care plans
- To assist Clients with their medication.
- To assist at meal times.
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- You must be able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, supportive and friendly care organisation with endless opportunities for progression and development within the home. For more information on the opportunity, please apply below.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.21 per /hour
If you are interested in this job role, please send your CV to Springfield.HR@bondcare.co.uk