Deputy ManagerApply now
With 160 rooms, The Grange Care Centre is located in Southall, London and available for a wide variety of people, offering support for a variety of disorders, disabilities and behaviors, including: Nursing care, dementia care, sensory impairment care, physical disability care, end of life care, respite care, elderly care and younger care
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Care Centre and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Service Users. Duties may include acting up for the Deputy Home Manager and/or Home Manager in their absence.
- Nursing; interact with Service Users to ensure that their health care needs are being met and resolve any problems where appropriate.
- Residential: liaise with the District Nurse regarding Service Users health care needs
- Report any ill health amongst Service Users and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary
- Ensure meals are of sufficient and good quality, and that Service Users dietary needs are met
- Ensure that the Service Users Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Service Users, Relatives and other Health Care Professions, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Assess all aspects of Service Users’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required
- Assess social and health care needs of new Service Users and maintain ongoing assessment and review of all other Service Users
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Service User within the Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Service User Care Plans to be reviewed on a bi-annual basis or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NM guidelines and Company policy
- Carry out regular checks on Service Users at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Service Users personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with Service Users
- 1st level nurse or NVQ level 3
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the ISA list
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service User group
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience/qualification in care for relevant Service User category