Day time Care Assistant – CheltenhamApply now
The Grange Care Centre Cheltenham
The Grange Care Centre, Cheltenham, has a 60-bed capacity and specialises in caring for those with differing types of dementia, head/brain injury, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s, as well as for those who suffer from epilepsy, visual and hearing impairment and the after-effects of a Stroke.
Managed by Shelley Hearn, the care centre also provides end of life care and respite care for residents, supporting families throughout. With a range of carers and nurses, and qualifications of NVQ2 and above, we provide a comfortable and dignified environment – we even have staff fluent in English, Polish and Romanian.
Surrounded on three sides by gardens and patio areas for residents to sit, the care centre also features a large car park with visiting hours around the clock. There are two chefs on site, providing freshly prepared meals for residents.
To help keep residents stimulated and active mentally, we offer a variety of activities, including craft days, bingo, chairobics and afternoon tea. In addition to this, we offer PAT (Pets as therapy) dogs and sensory room for stimulation. For the comfort of residents we have an in house salon and hairdresser, a visiting chiropodist and other regular services.
Depending on each individual’s situation, they are free to visit the local area with friends, relatives or with carers. There is a bus route close by and Cheltenham city centre is a short ride away.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
Job Type – Full Time
Salary – £8.90 per hour plus bonus incentives
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Grangecheltenham.firstname.lastname@example.org