Clinical Lead – County DurhamApply now
Redworth House Care home
A modern, 57-bed facility on the outskirts of Shildon, Redworth House Care home provides up-to-date and comfortable surroundings for residential clients, those with dementia-like illnesses and other general nursing clients.
Tracey Abbott is manager of the facility, comprised of two units, one which is for standard residential care and one for those who require closer nursing care. The team at Redworth House offer 24/7 residential care, elderly care, younger care, nursing care, respite care and end of life care, meeting a range of requirements. There is an open door policy and monthly resident-relative meetings to cover any concerns or worries.
All rooms come with an en-suite and residents are actively encouraged to personalise their rooms to help with orientation and stimulation. Staff work with residents and family to understand each individuals needs and how to best provide care and languages spoken by staff at Redworth include Swahili, English and Filipino, aiding constant communication.
With multiple large television lounges, a quiet lounge, splendid garden areas, conservatory and balcony areas there are plenty of places and way for residents to relax and socialise.
This is all aided by dedicated social life facilitators, with plenty of activities arranged, including board games, bingo and visits from local school children and clergy. A mini bus allows for trips out on a weekly basis, while regular events – such as summer fairs a Christmas fair and coffee mornings – keep family and friends involved in residents’ lives.
Nutritious, home cooked food is available for all residents, which they can enjoy in dining areas, the cafe area or their bedroom. Regular visits from a hairdresser and chiropodist are available for residents, as well as a range of other health professionals – including GPs, dentists and a dietitian.
- Regularly supervising a team of nurses and healthcare assistants.
- Be expected to provide support and report to the care home manager with any clinical issues that may arise, as well as feedback on individual staff performances.
- A key aspect of the clinical lead role will involve managing the team of staff efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly assess resident’s needs and develop services to reflect this.
- Create and develop care plans for residents.
- Respond to incidents in a professional and appropriate manor.
- Establish and maintain communication with clients, relatives and staff.
- Ensuring medication is given in accordance with resident care plans.
- The ability to lead a team.
- Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role.
- Able to analyse problems and propose solutions.
- Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others.
- Able to effectively priorities workload.
- Ability to develop internal and external business relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team.
- Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice.
Job Type: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Salary – £18 per hour
interested in this job role,please send your CV to Redworthhouse.HR@bondcare.co.uk