Our team at Oak Park has extensive experience dealing with residents with a variety of needs, tailoring their approach to everyone’s individual needs and requirements.
We are looking for a chef to join our team!
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent qualification (achieved or working towards)
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous management or supervisory experienced
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Service User group
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provided for special dietary requirements where necessary and take into account the preferences of individual Service Users
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
Training and Development
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate
- Conduct Basic Food Hygiene training for all Care Centre Staff involved in handling and delivery of food
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer/fridge temperatures
- Ensure stock rotation.
- Assist in the ordering of stocks and checking of deliveries, and check and value stocks as required by the Home Manager
Health & Safety
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and dining areas is carried out effectively
- Ensure statutory Health & Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Report to the Home Manager, Handyperson or Person in Charge any faulty appliances, damaged furniture equipment or any potential hazard