Chef – NorwichApply now
Larchwood Nursing Home
At Larchwood Nursing Home in Norwich, we provide safe and comfortable residential care. All of our 42 rooms come with en suite facilities and our nurses and carers are trained to the highest standards to provide care for those with dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or for those in need of care after a stroke.
Staff at Larchwood Nursing Home speak a variety of languages including English, Romanian, Filipino Tagalog and Portuguese, allowing for easy communication. Rated five stars for hygiene, we provide homely meals throughout the day for residents to enjoy, with three set meals each day as standard.
Located close to a nearby river and plenty of green countryside, residents can relax in tranquil surroundings. A large, safe courtyard is located at our site in the centre of the home, where recreational activities are popular in summer.
Providing entertainment and stimulating activities for residents at Larchwood, we often hold fetes throughout the year which family and friends of residents are encouraged to get involved in. We also hold day trips to local attractions such as shops and garden centres while arranging musical entertainment at our site on a monthly basis.
- Plan and prepare suitable menus for approval by the Home Manager, which provides varied, nutritious and appetizing options for all service users.
- Taking account of any special dietary needs and retaining records for inspection purposes. Liaise with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders, in line with the company policy and procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and control.
- Ensuring good quality provisions are purchased within agreed budget limits.
- Overall responsibility and supervision of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
- Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely as per the company policy and procedures.
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide catering for special occasions and events.
- Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident and ensure effective communication is maintained.
- Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team working ethos, responding positively to colleagues.
- Liaise and advise on the supply and quality of items purchased by the home in line with specific tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Attend and encourage staff to attend all relevant staff meetings.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Job Type – Full Time
Salary -£10.50-£11.00 per hour.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Larchwood.HR@bondcare.co.uk