Care Assistant NVQ 2 -London,FelthamApply now
Derwent Lodge Care Home
Based in Feltham, with 62 rooms, Derwent Lodge Care Home is a purpose-built facility with the aim of creating a comfortable and enjoyable environment for residents. The team provide a variety of care, including elderly care, end of life care, respite care and 24/7 nursing care – as well as catering for those with more complex care requirements like dementia.
Derwent Lodge is staffed by qualified nurses and senior care nurse assistants. A variety of languages are spoken to aid communication with all residents, including European, Asian and African languages, as well as Filipino.
There are gardens in the grounds of the facility which are easy to access, with flower beds and a quiet, secure environment for residents to relax in. Rooms all come with an en suite toilet and washroom, while rooms also support internet access and phone connections. The kitchen at Derwent Lodge caters for all meals, with specialist requirements and personal preferences catered for.
To help give residents the opportunity to stay active and social, the team at Derwent Lodge hold regular events in partnership with local charities, including coffee mornings, visits from the church and a dementia study group. There is also a special sensory room, helping to mentally stimulate residents with complex care requirements.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
- Must have experience working in care
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Job Type:Full time
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Derwent@Bondcare.co.uk