Care Assistant – NewcastleApply now
Donwell House Care Home offers residential, nursing, dementia and palliative care. Taking care of the total well-being of residents and set in a quiet suburb of Washington, Donwell has been renovated to refresh the home and provide comfortable surroundings.
Victoria Leighton manages a team of trained nurses and carers, delivering quality, compassionate care. Featuring specialist dementia suites, a care plan can be tailored for all residents, because it is important that you feel safe, comfortable and welcome. The team at Donwell house provide 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care and nursing care, as well as respite care for carers who require a short break or assistance.
Rooms are available with WiFi and pets are allowed, helping to make residents more comfortable. There en suite rooms at Donwell House and enclosed patio areas, as well as lawn areas, giving residents some much needed outdoor space to relax in.
Light and airy dining and lounge areas provide places for residents to relax and socialise at their leisure. Fresh, home cooked meals are provided by our chefs to ensure dietary and nutritional needs of residents are met at all times, creating a varied menu whether you’re only with the team for a short spell as respite or long term.
Activities and day trips are arranged on a regular basis to provide residents with a source of entertainment and stimulation while staying at Donwell House – this includes weekly bus outings, visits from the local church and trips to local attractions such as the galleries and shopping centres.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
Job Type:Full time
If you are interested in this job role ,please send your CV to Donwellhouse.HR@bondcare.co.uk