Care Assistant-LeedsApply now
Green Acres Care Home
Green Acres Care Home is a 62-room care home in the centre of Leeds, purpose-built and with an excellent outdoor area for residents to enjoy.
Keith Wilson manages a team of nurses and carers, all of whom take pride in their work and are trained to various levels, ensuring all grades of staff are planned and present. Staff speak a variety of languages to assist with communication with residents including English, Chewa, Hindi and Tagalog. The team provide 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care – this includes caring for a wide range of ailments and mental health issues.
All rooms at Green Acres are single – with arrangements available for couples – and come with an en suite toilet and sink. Internet connection is available throughout the centre for residents and family to use. To help make the transition easier and make Green Acres feel like home, residents can bring their own furniture, but a risk assessment must be undertaken first. Pets are welcome to visit, while the facility itself has a resident friendly feline named Henry!
With menus seasonally adapted, the fully trained staff use modern kitchen facilities to provide nutrition for residents where a variety of dietary considerations need to be made. Hygiene is also of the utmost importance to staff when dealing with residents’ food and fresh, local ingredients are sourced from quality suppliers.
A full-time activities coordinator plans daily to help keep residents as active and stimulated as possible. Activities include bingo, arts & crafts, afternoon films, quizzes and baking to name but a few. In addition to this, trips to local attractions such as shops, public houses and churches are arranged. With regular visits from a professional chiropodist, a hairdresser and a local vicar, residents have access to different services.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
- Must have experience working in care.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Greenacres.Hr@bondcare.co.uk