Care Assistant -GloucestershireApply now
Oldbury House Care Home
Oldbury House in Eastington is an award-winning 75-bed care centre specialising in residential dementia, nursing dementia and nursing care. Nurses and carers provide elderly care, end of life care, respite care and day care.
Set in a beautiful Grade II listed Georgian country house, and managed by Jo Howells, the staff are encouraged to train and develop in various areas, including NVQ level 2 through to RGN and RMN. Our staff have helped us achieve numerous awards over the years – including the Role-4-all Equality & Diversity Award – and can also speak a variety of languages, including English, Spanish, Romanian and Polish.
There are five acres of parkland on the fringes of the Cotswolds to enjoy and the site is easy to access, just off junction 13 of the M5. Our centre is divided into four units: St George’s, Adelaide, Victoria and Hardwicke – all of which provide nursing and personal care.
Party days are arranged on a regular basis, with family and friends encouraged to join residents. To provide stimulation and promote activeness, trips are arranged to the local garden centre, town and docks for those who are able. Leisure activities are planned with the preferences of residents kept in mind depending on capabilities.
- Helping with all aspects of personal Care.
- Helping at Meal times
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
- To assist Clients with their medication
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- Caring nature.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
- Must have experience working in care.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Oldburyhouse.Hr@bondcare.co.uk