Bank Nurse – South Yorkshire
Saxondale Care Home
Inside the extended and converted Victorian family home in Barnsley, Saxondale EMI Care Home is a 34-room facility for residents. We provide a range of care covering everything from nursing care and end of life care, to elderly care and specialist care for those suffering with mental health issues such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Care from our team at Saxondale EMI Care Home is available around the clock, seven days a week. We tailor care for each individual to ensure they’re receiving the best care possible, making family and visitors welcome at the same time.
Our site is located close to the Barnsley city centre and has good transport links locally, allowing residents to make the most of nearby attractions. Residents can do this independently where possible, but will be accompanied by staff or a family member.
We keep residents active and entertained with a whole host of games, entertainment evenings and experiences. We are regularly visited by the local hairdresser and chiropodist for residents as well as exercise classes to help residents stay fit and healthy. We also tailor activities to help residents dealing with different mental health issues.
Trips and outings are regularly arranged by our friendly team, accompanying residents to local shops, farms, museums, restaurants and even to the coast.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements.
- Providing pre- and post-operation care.
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions.
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures.
- writing records.
- Supervising junior staff.
- Organising workloads.
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives.
- Team Player.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Job Type: Bank Shifts
Salary:£14.30 per hour
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Saxondale.HR@bondcare.co.uk