Administrator – LeedsApply now
Green Acres Care Home
Green Acres Care Home is a 62-room care home in the centre of Leeds, purpose-built and with an excellent outdoor area for residents to enjoy.
Keith Wilson manages a team of nurses and carers, all of whom take pride in their work and are trained to various levels, ensuring all grades of staff are planned and present. Staff speak a variety of languages to assist with communication with residents including English, Chewa, Hindi and Tagalog. The team provide 24/7 residential care, elderly care, end of life care, respite care and nursing care – this includes caring for a wide range of ailments and mental health issues.
All rooms at Green Acres are single – with arrangements available for couples – and come with an en suite toilet and sink. Internet connection is available throughout the centre for residents and family to use. To help make the transition easier and make Green Acres feel like home, residents can bring their own furniture, but a risk assessment must be undertaken first. Pets are welcome to visit, while the facility itself has a resident friendly feline named Henry!
With menus seasonally adapted, the fully trained staff use modern kitchen facilities to provide nutrition for residents where a variety of dietary considerations need to be made. Hygiene is also of the utmost importance to staff when dealing with residents’ food and fresh, local ingredients are sourced from quality suppliers.
A full-time activities coordinator plans daily to help keep residents as active and stimulated as possible. Activities include bingo, arts & crafts, afternoon films, quizzes and baking to name but a few. In addition to this, trips to local attractions such as shops, public houses and churches are arranged. With regular visits from a professional chiropodist, a hairdresser and a local vicar, residents have access to different services.
- This person will be a member of the administration team helping to facilitate the smooth running of the home and will be expected to promote the good reputation of the home at all times.
- This person will work closely with the Manager and Deputy Manager and carry out duties requested by them.
- Typing of correspondence, reports, meeting minutes etc
- General office duties including filing, photocopying and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Familiarization with and effect use of computer systems presently in operation.
- To support senior staff by contributing effectively as a member of the staff team.
- Preparation and maintenance of records relating to staff e.g. annual leave, sickness, recruitment and advertising.
- Preparation and maintenance of records relating to residents.
- Take part in staff meetings and attend training sessions when requested.
- Respond to other staff in a friendly, respectful, courteous manner at all times. Respond to clients in a friendly, respectful, courteous manner at all times.
- Carry out duties with regard to the homes fire regulations. Carry out essential errands for the home when requested.
- To exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters relating to the home, it’s staff and it’s clients.
- Other duties as may be appropriately assigned to the post according to the requirements of the Home Manager.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Job Type – Full Time
Salary -£8.21 per hour.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Greenacres.HR@bondcare.co.uk