Activity Coordinator – Birmingham
Bromford Lane Care Home
Situated a short way from the Birmingham city centre, Bromford Lane Care Centre has a capacity for 116 residents. Our NVQ qualified nurses and carers provide care for those in need of specialist care, including dementia, stroke and Alzheimer’s suffers as well as elderly care and end of life care.
We promote individual, person-centered care in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, encouraging independence, choice and dignity throughout all that we do.
This care home in Birmingham is managed by Judy Williams, with staff on rotas to ensure that all residents receive the care they need around the clock. Staff speak English, Romanian and Urdu, allowing for easy communication for residents.
Featuring a large kitchen and two regular cooks, Bromford Lane residents are well catered for when it comes to dietary requirements. The site also features a large garden with plenty of flowers to enjoy from a shaded seating area.
Bromford Lane Care Centre is pet friendly should families wish to bring dogs, meanwhile, our resident cat helps to keep service users company. Internet access is also available for residents who wish to use this service.
We like to keep residents’ minds active, which is why we have an activities team at the Bromford Lane nursing home. Singing, bingo, film screenings, baking and craft sessions all help to keep residents busy, tailoring activities to individuals physical disabilities.
Close to local shops, we can arrange for trips to be taken, even to the seaside on occasion, providing exercise, fresh air and physical stimulation for residents.
- Help Service Users to socialise within the Care Centre and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, and encourage Service Users to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Centers activities.
- Accompany Service Users where possible to of site activities which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Service Users within the Care Centre.
- Assist with fund raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documents and assist the Key Worker to review and update Service User Care Files.
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/activities for Service Users in all categories.
- Friendly, creative and confident.
- Good numerical and word processing skills.
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service Users group.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Confident team player.
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Job Type –33 hours per week.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to BromfordLane.HR@bondcare.co.uk