Activities Coordinator – Feltham
Derwent Lodge Care Home
Based in Feltham, with 62 rooms, Derwent Lodge Care Home is a purpose-built facility with the aim of creating a comfortable and enjoyable environment for residents. The team provide a variety of care, including elderly care, end of life care, respite care and 24/7 nursing care – as well as catering for those with more complex care requirements like dementia.
Derwent Lodge is staffed by qualified nurses and senior care nurse assistants. A variety of languages are spoken to aid communication with all residents, including European, Asian and African languages, as well as Filipino.
There are gardens in the grounds of the facility which are easy to access, with flower beds and a quiet, secure environment for residents to relax in. Rooms all come with an en suite toilet and washroom, while rooms also support internet access and phone connections. The kitchen at Derwent Lodge caters for all meals, with specialist requirements and personal preferences catered for.
To help give residents the opportunity to stay active and social, the team at Derwent Lodge hold regular events in partnership with local charities, including coffee mornings, visits from the church and a dementia study group. There is also a special sensory room, helping to mentally stimulate residents with complex care requirements.
Family days are regularly arranged with barbecues and seasonal events, while residents can take day trips to local attractions – including the seaside – where capabilities allow. Local areas can be visited by residents too, whether on their own or accompanied.
- Help Service Users to socialise within the Care Centre and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, and encourage Service Users to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Centers activities.
- Accompany Service Users where possible to of site activities which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Service Users within the Care Centre.
- Assist with fund raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documents and assist the Key Worker to review and update Service User Care Files.
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/activities for Service Users in all categories.
- Friendly, creative and confident.
- Good numerical and word processing skills.
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service Users group.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Confident team player.
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Job Type –35 hours per week,plus occasional weekends.
Salary- rate of pay depends on experience.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Derwentlodge.HR@bondcare.co.uk