Activities Coordinator – FelthamApply now
Coniston Lodge Nursing home
Coniston Lodge Nursing Home in Feltham is a 92-bed facility dedicated to providing comfort and care for the elderly. This includes end of life care, nursing care and 24/7 residential care.
All rooms at Coniston Lodge have their own toilets and can have internet access where required, giving privacy and comfort for residents.
A programme of activities and hobbies is maintained for residents to keep them active in mind and body, while local shops, gardens, cinema and leisure centre can be visited where appropriate.
· Help Service Users to socialise within the Care Centre and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes
· Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, and encourage Service Users to maintain pre-existing hobbies
. Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Centers activities
· Accompany Service Users where possible to of site activities which may occasionally take place outwith normal working hours
· Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Service Users within the Care Centre
· Assist with fund raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings
· Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documents and assist the Key Worker to review and update Service User Care Files
. Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members
· Report any changes in Service Users physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or Person in Charge
· Provide comfort and company on a one to one basis for Service Users who are unable to undertake any form of activity
· Participate in Staff and Service User meetings as required
· Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
· Attend mandatory training days/course, on or off site as and when required
Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/activities for Service Users in all categories
· Friendly, creative and confident
· Good numerical and word processing skills
· Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service Users group
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Confident team player
· Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
· Flexible approach towards working routines
Job Type – 30 – 40 hours per week – may include some weekends.
Salary – £9.00
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to Coniston.HR@bondcare.co.uk